3D Scan Technician
Are you looking for a career with an industry leader with growth, stability, and an engaging work environment? MagnaFlow offers career growth, competitive pay, and an outstanding benefit package with medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off, holidays, and a birthday holiday!
- Provides 3D scans to support engineers on a variety of technical tasks.
- Gathers, compiles and maintains technical data such as 3D scan results.
- Performs general mathematical calculations. Presents findings.
- May provide preliminary analyses of data and model dimensional consistency and accuracy.
- Assist in vehicle disassembly and reassembly and operate or maintain basic equipment and tools utilized in the automotive field.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Maintain and operate 3D measurement equipment.
- Preferably possess an understanding of basic GD&T principles.
- Proficiency in the use of computer applications pertinent to the field and have the skills necessary to precisely record technical data.
- Must have the capability to perform complex assignments under the direction of senior staff.
- Interface with engineers to establish measurement requirements and reference systems.
- Interpret general instructions, and work under limited supervision.
- Must be a structured worker; able to interpret engineering requirements and perform the scan or measurement in a timely organized manner.
- An in-depth knowledge of automobiles is preferred.
- Willingness to learn with hands-on training.
- Exhibits strong organizational skills.
- Pays close attention to detail.
- Works well on a team.
- Possesses background knowledge in engineering or automotive aftermarket preferred.
- High school diploma and preferably one to three years of experience in related technical field. Previous 3D scanning experience is not required to qualify for this position.