This position is responsible for various financial reporting, tax, cost accounting and financial analysis duties of the organization:
- Reviewing journal entries and transactional accuracy of junior accountants.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Assists in preparation and review of balance sheets, profit-and-loss statements and cash flow statements.
- Works with other departments to reconcile accounting issues related to their transactions.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Assist in the preparation of schedules for quarterly and annual reviews & audits.
- Prepares/responsible for monthly metric reporting to executive team.
- Analyzes inventory costs and production and purchasing variances.
- Reviews monthly management report and accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives, including “Budget vs. Actual” variance reports. Providing follow-up and documentation of significant variances.
- Responsible for internal banking transactions; disbursements and receipts.
- Responsible for tax compliance reporting including:
- Sales tax
- Property tax
- Income taxes
- Significant involvement in annual budgeting process.
- Document policies, procedures, and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Documenting and monitoring internal controls for department.
- Verify accuracy, make recommendations for corrections of the annual budget
- Maintain project log for Senior Accountant position projects.
- Back up to staff accountant and other Finance areas
- Special projects at the direction of Accounting Manager and Controller.
Job Status: Full Time