Accounts Payable Specialist
- The position is responsible for the general processing of Accounts Payable.
- Process Vendor Invoices up to 1000 a month partially via automated system Esker
- Record freight invoices weekly ensuring accuracy of weight and discounts are being applied. Freight carrier experience a plus.
- Communicate with vendors to optimize cash flow, signing new vendors up for credit card or ACH payments
- Communicate with staff members regarding status of various expense reimbursement reports and obtain required invoice approval authorization.
- Coordinate with IT Staff and Supervisor with focus on continuous improvement and efficiency increases related to transaction efficiency.
- Reconcile material receipt reports, i.e., Received Not Invoiced.
- Reconcile statements monthly to ensure all invoices are received.
- Process AP Month End Accrual accounting
- Focus on details of Internal Controls related to Procurement to Payment process.
- Work closely with internal purchasing team and shipping to ensure invoices are being received in a timely manner
Principal requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Experience in automated Accounts Payable system
- College accounting course experience preferred
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities and organizational skills
- Firm grasp on G/L accounting and transaction coding
- Continuous Improvement Mindset
- Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated
- Fast paced environment