The E-commerce Manager is the ‘go to’ subject matter expert on all things e-commerce related including website operations, content management, platform admin capabilities and is responsible for generating sales of the brand via online channels, including company websites, online marketplaces, social media, etc.
This position is responsible for:
- Developing and implementing e-commerce strategy to improve performance and resulting sales
- Managing all activity in relation to traffic acquisition, conversion and a/b testing, sales, and analytics and reporting across all online channels, including B2B site and needs of e-commerce customers.
- Managing PPC, SEO, Display, and social media ad campaigns across digital channels including company websites, social media stores, affiliates, and marketplaces, and email marketing
- Analyzing various data to deliver data driven strategies for top performance and achieving KPIs
- Developing content calendar and overseeing website uploads and landing page development
- Creating the customer journey on the website, making sure that site content is up-to-date, on-calendar and guided by KPI-based decisions around content and development level of effort (LOE) vs ROI
- Determining asset needs and driving their creation including content, images, videos, graphics, blogs, etc.
- Researching market to discover new trends and technologies to improve website performance and recommending course of action
- Other duties as assigned and as opportunities present in the fast paced, ever changing world of digital commerce
To be successful in this role, the E-commerce Manager must:
- Create and maintain sales budget and forecast based on trending performance on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis.
- Monitor and drive key performance indicators influencing online sales: traffic, average order value, site speed and conversion rate.
- Review e-commerce sales results, demand, returns and shipping on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis.
- Monitor sales performance relative to budget and forecast; compile and distribute an exec level summary of site performance.
- Compile and assess site performance reports monthly and quarterly to gain strategic insights and develop recommendations to improve performance of the e-commerce channel.
- Collaborate with VP of Marketing and BI analyst and regularly prepare and disseminate reports on site performance, optimizations and course corrections.
- Regularly assess and research capabilities of current tools and new tools for measuring and reporting on site performance.
- Collaborate with external resources, IT and Marketing to plan, execute, and measure conversion tests and optimize user experience, and provide recommendations for all site functionality and content updates.
- Work with the customer service team to troubleshoot issues for consumers.
- Provide analysis of user and customer experience and generate ideas for improving engagement and customer satisfaction with the site based on analysis of customer feedback and web analytics
- Manage timelines, budgets, workflows and reporting.
- Perform sales and inventory analysis and reporting to optimize results
- Manage 3rd party vendor relationships, leveraging existing tools to optimize site performance and sales including product recommendations, site merchandising, search, and ratings & reviews.
- Maintain digital editorial and content calendar for always-on social, email and blog alignment across digital marketing campaigns and the website
- Drive digital marketing efforts off the site (e.g. SEM, SEO, and display)
- Work with Data team lead and Tech Center to identify vehicles and parts to showcase as new, promoted with events.
- Ensure that Life Cycle Management of parts (Engineering and End of Life) is managed on the site
- Experience working cross-functionally with marketing and tech teams
- Experience developing and overseeing digital marketing strategies
- Excellent understanding of web design and web analysis
- Understanding of and experience in UX and Google Analytics
- Strong knowledge of and proven successful experience with, online marketing strategies such as PPC, SEO, Social Media Display, email marketing and digital marketing channels such as marketplaces and affiliate marketing
- Strong knowledge of, and experience with, attribution modeling, website speed optimization, A/B testing, conversion management, sales journey optimization, traffic analysis and reporting tools
- Ability to analyze content and functionality of websites.
- Ability to create and edit content.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including active listening, strong written and verbal communication, ability to create and present complex information to varied audiences
- Self-motivated with the ability to handle multiple ongoing projects in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to work independently on projects and also collaborate as a strong team member.
- Excellent attention to detail, flexible and adaptable to changes.
- Ability to operate under pressure and meet or exceed deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, time-management and analytical skills.
- Imagination and creativity skills, focusing on improving financial performance through changing marketing channels.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. May occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or any related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role with proven positive results, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be able to sit and stand intermittently, use a keyboard, climb stairs occasionally, and lift up to 25 pounds with or without accommodations.
These duties may be expanded, deleted or changed at any time per management’s discretion.
Job Status: Full Time