ECT Director - Product Engineering & Plant Operations
Position Responsibilities :
The Director role will have the following responsibilities:
- Plan, initiate, direct and execute R&D and product management strategies for new and or improved products processes or technologies towards achieving the group’s strategy, growth and profit objectives.
- Oversee development of new products from raw materials using a understanding of robust manufacturing in context to competing products, regulatory framework and customer application requirements.
- Manage certification programs to exceed all State and Federal regulatory compliance requirements.
- Monitor status of all new products and ensure effective execution of projects according to required policies, procedures and government regulations.
- Formulate policies, programs, and objectives to affect the required schedule, quality and cost.
- Collect, analyze, summarize and present production and process data, information and trends to drive future innovation and refinement of current designs.
- Innovate technological advances to meet the group’s competitive objectives within the marketplace.
- Work with design engineering and assist in transition of design prototypes into cost efficient and high volume products.
- Support process engineering change notice (ECN) and related Material Review Board (MRB) activities.
- Introduce manufacturing and supply chain initiatives, including strategic resource allocation and applying good manufacturing principles, organization structure and leadership for improved efficiencies.
- Troubleshoot, investigate, perform root cause analysis into qualification failures, and if not a quality control root cause, continue to refine engineering methods for further development work.
- Provide strong leadership to employees, ensuring high morale, teamwork and good employee relations, at all levels, including on the shop floor.
- Create and maintain accurate and current documentation of tool drawings, design concepts and orders, in accordance with the Product Development and Quality Assurance functions.
- Source new equipment and material suppliers as required.
- Assist in the evaluation of returned materials/products.
- Coordinate with engineering and product management departments and develop and implement Manufacturing Plan for products.
- Monitor operations and evaluate designs to ensure adherence to all design and manufacture principles.
- Develop prototype design according to required techniques and manufacturing processes.
- Analyze and recommend improvements to all production process and methods to facilitate cost reduction and quality improvement.
- Design new manufacturing process requirements and associate guidelines.
- Coordinate with executive management on product status and prepare appropriate reports.
Position Requirements :
The ideal candidate for the Director role will have the following professional experience and capabilities:
- 10 Years of Plant Management, Operations or Technical Experience with emission control designs preferable
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical or Industrial), Manufacturing discipline
- Masters Degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical or Industrial), preferred but not required
- Ability to work effectively in a team situation as well as independently.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Strong communication, presentation (written & oral) skills.
- Possess excellent time management skills.
- Initiative to meet deadlines and prioritize workload demands with minimal supervision.
- Ability to use modern technology in the design and ‘production process.
- Strong knowledge of ISO standards.
- Strong leadership skills.