Summer Intern: Approx May – September (Can accommodate Semester or Quarter)
Position location: Oceanside CA
General Description: As a Tech Center Intern, you will support the daily work at our in-house research and development center in Oceanside CA. Our internship program gives students the opportunity to apply their classroom experience to real world projects. In addition to supporting day-to-day engineering activities, our interns will direct a summer long project with the opportunity to cross-collaborate with multiple departments. You’ll have the opportunity to learn 3D Scanning in our metrology room, test new products on one of our 3 in house dynamometers, and utilize additive manufacturing methods for prototyping.
- Support 3D scanning validation and forward engineering efforts
- Apply technical knowledge to innovate, design and develop processes, tooling, assembly fixtures and procedures
- Create new parts, assemblies, and technical drawings in SolidWorks
- Review individual products, processes, routings, BOMS, cycle times, and other measurements to increase capacity or reduce cost
- Manage projects involving multiple departments
- Present project at end of term to Management and Executive groups
- Currently pursuing a B.S. in Automotive, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering related degree
- Experience with CAD Software (SolidWorks preferred)
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings
- Good understanding of fabrication and manufacturing processes
- Hands-on experience is a must
- Confident Interpersonal Team Communication Skills
- Ability to work self-directed and as a member of a team
- Passion for all things automotive
- Previous internship and/or project experience is a plus
Must be able to sit and stand intermittently, use a keyboard, climb stairs occasionally, and lift up to 25 pounds with or without accommodations.
These duties may be expanded, deleted or changed at any time per management’s discretion.
The intern candidate evaluation process has been designed to allow both the candidate and MF the time necessary to gain a deep, candid understanding of one another to ensure the candidate will be successful in the new role.
The evaluation process will include a combination of phone and in person interviews. During the process, the candidate will have the opportunity to speak with members of Engineering, Executive Management and Human Resources.