Are you looking for a career with an industry leader with growth, stability, and an engaging work environment? MagnaFlow offers career growth, competitive pay, and an outstanding benefit package with medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off, holidays, and a birthday holiday!
- Evaluate manufacturing processes by designing and implementing improvement initiatives that apply knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials and/or soliciting input from manufacturing personnel.
- Improve manufacturing processes by studying product requirements and applying lean manufacturing principles to modify and test current state methods against future state improvements.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and improving workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Manage the hand off of new product releases from the design engineering team to the manufacturing teams to ensure all necessary tooling and processes are in place to produce the part to specification with repeatability and efficiency.
- Provides support for manufacturing decision-making if products need specification deviations due to manufacturing variance.
- Manages the existing engineering request ticket database within the ERP system to keep proper priorities and status of open requests as well as closing out requests that have been completed.
- Maintains product and processes in compliance with our internal QMS and ISO standards.
- Assist the organization in make / buy analysis for a vertically integrated, low volume high mix manufacturing environment.
- Bring new and modern tools and procedures to leadership for consideration.
- Work cross functionally, to make up the manufacturing triad of: production – supply chain – engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. Industrial or Mechanical preferred.
- Ability to manage the complexity associated with manufacturing multiple product lines through a single assembly line.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Able to understand and communicate with different disciplines of engineering (Mechanical, Automation, Process, and Product)
- 3 years’ experience managing a group of people in a constructive, productive and fair manner.
- Able to effectively communicate with both leadership and the manufacturing teams.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing Methods and Processes.
- Familiar with practices associated with Six Sigma
- Solid understanding of BOM structures, and routings.
- Ability to work under pressure in a high pace manufacturing environment
- Good computer skills including but not limited to MS Office. (Excel, Word, Visio, Project)
- Familiar with ISO 9001:2015 is a plus.
- Familiar with ERP systems preferably IFS
- Familiar with supply chain analysis and modern global sourcing dynamics.