Field Sales Support - MidWest
Are you looking for a career with an industry leader with growth, stability, and an engaging work environment? MagnaFlow offers career growth, competitive pay, and an outstanding benefit package with medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off, holidays, and a birthday holiday!
B2B Field Support - Mid West
The purpose of this position is to optimize field sales through increased brand awareness, product and sales training that includes the maintenance of policies and communications to the marketplace. The B2B Field Support is responsible for establishing and maintaining strong relationships with National Retail Store personnel and ensuring a positive customer experience in all aspects of the relationship, which include Shop calls, cataloging, order processing, inventory analysis, delivery and fulfillment expectations, and marketing support material (POP). Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
CUSTOMER FIELD RELATIONS:
- Updates and maintains detailed prospective customer store list with strategic sales call plan to maximize sales
- Organizes and monitors activities of stores within region(s), as needed
- Gathers all relevant market intelligence, competitor activities and customer feedback and communicates back to appropriate NAM
- Provides high level support and service to maintain field customer awareness at accounts for existing products, programs, sales initiatives and any new product or program launches
- Use own efforts to increase sales, inventory turns, and maintains overall customer satisfaction
- Showing interest in mutual profitability
- Showing appreciation for their business
· Listening to marketplace problems and concerns, formalizing solutions and / or reporting up
- Providing service and taking remedial action to solve field customers’ problems
- Responding to problems, promises, requests and questions in a timely manner.
- Supports local and regional meetings or shows and provides sales & product training, participates in national meetings as required
- Attends industry trade shows, open houses, lunch & learn meetings and/or marketing events to support the retailers’ business
- Establish an efficient follow up program
- Developing and maintaining the “Dealer Locator” program in area of responsibility.
- Prospecting and analyzing trade areas
- Implementing short and long range marketing plans
- Qualifying potential influencers
- Developing sales presentations
- Recommending sales aids, promotions, and services
- Distributing and placing of POP materials
- Continuously improve the Key Dealer program
- Strategically work with Customer’s Sales Rep visiting their prospective accounts
- Communicating effectively
- Prospecting for new business opportunities
- Reviewing and servicing customer needs
- Determining and recommending profitable sales efforts
- Maintaining up to date product knowledge and competitive industry information
- Recommending promotional needs
- Recommending new products and product line extensions and services.
- Contributing to the effectiveness of your superior by ensuring that he/she is fully informed of all relevant facts on pertinent issues and that your views and analyses on matters of importance are fully presented in a businesslike manner.
- Thinking outside the box. Look at the big picture and do not let limited views cloud your judgment.
- Submitting competitive information on a continuous basis.
- Actively participating in all meetings and requests.
- Talk & communicate bi-weekly with all field personnel.
- Superior effectiveness
- Team Effectiveness
· Peer (co-worker and other) effectiveness
- Self-development effectiveness
- Utilizing most economical travel and entertainment expenditures by following Travel & Entertainment guidelines.
- Analyzing promotional and media requirements
REPORTING & PLANNING:
- Populate CRM with each store / shop visit details
- Strong and efficient email communication
- Reports all activity that includes competitive intel, marketplace challenges, territory or location opportunities
- Utilizing “Outlook” monthly itinerary 90 days out
- Keeps open dialogue with the Director and Account Manager
- Administering corporate-wide policies and procedures (financial, human resources, legal)
- Administering departmental policies and procedures
- Initiating, developing and implementing either new or improved imaginative systems and procedures which are required by the business or department which are in compliance with either published or customary policy.
- Microsoft office; Heavy in Excel, Word & PPT
- Salesforce or CRM experience
- Self-motivated, well organized, team player
- Proficient in mapping out routes and managing own travel plans
- Extensive travel as required to potential customer, vendor & business partner sites and can attend industry trade shows on occasion. Plan for 3 weeks min / month.