Are you looking for a career with an industry leader with growth, stability, and an engaging work environment? MagnaFlow offers career growth, competitive pay, and an outstanding benefit package with medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off, holidays, and a birthday holiday!
MagnaFlow’s Innovation Team (MFi) is hiring an Industrial Designer who can craft product designs, generate ideas quickly during ambiguous stages of project development and collaborate amongst a cross-functional group of creative peers to drive new products and business initiatives. MFi’s mission is to explore, expand and execute the realization of new products or processes critical to the future success of the MagnaFlow Group. We are looking for a top-notch candidate with an entrepreneurial mindset who is passionate about the automotive and technology markets. This individual must be ambitious and self-driven, bringing a “can do” attitude throughout the entire design process.
Why is this role important for MagnaFlow?
It’s no surprise, the automotive space is evolving rapidly. MFi serves as MagnaFlow’s experimental platform to evolve with the market by taking bold risks, leveraging existing resources, and exploring new opportunities in a fast-paced industry. You and the surrounding team will be an integral part of shaping direction – whether in current, adjacent, or completely new markets. The results you produce will directly influence the forward direction of MagnaFlow and how MagnaFlow goes to market in the
Once here you will:
- Collaborate with creators of various backgrounds such as design engineers, communication
designers, graphics designers, manufacturing engineers, prototyping fabricators, and software
- Get involved with all aspects of the product development process including: customer research,
brainstorming, concept development, prototyping, design for manufacturing, sales forecasting,
and early-stage marketing campaign strategies.
- Develop project visions and manage the subsequent timelines and budgets.
- Get out of the office and into the field to test products or develop customer understanding.
- Champion a culture that lets you both learn and teach through collaborating with colleagues
outside your immediate area of expertise; continuously broaden your “Skill T” by working on the
edges of your field.
What does MagnaFlow offer you?
As the leading manufacturer of aftermarket catalytic converters and performance exhaust, working at MagnaFlow is a quick way to jumpstart your career in the automotive industry. Once here, you will have the opportunity to pioneer company-first products and technology while also taking full responsibility for impactful project decisions. Family-owned and operated, work culture is centered around strong relationships with your peers. Projects are challenging and the tempo is fast pace, but the process is ripe
with opportunities to succeed. You’ll come to appreciate a corporate culture which champions autonomy in your project space and a genuine respect for work-life balance.
Required experience, mindset, education:
- Experience with different phases of product development including but not limited to:
conceptual design, requirement generation, prototyping, and manufacturing.
- You have a strong basis of mechanical knowledge— how things work and how they are made.
- Ability to quickly visualize ideas and excellent sketching skills.
- Solid understanding of relevant rendering software (ie. KeyShot).
- 3D modeling experience, preferably SOLIDWORKS.
- Proficient in graphics programs such as Adobe CS (Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator).
- Demonstrated background as a self-starter and fearless problem-solver.
- Excellent planning abilities, including careful attention to detail, top-tier organization, and
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills; you can tell an engaging story.
- You work best in a collaborative, team-based environment. You support and motivate teams
through group participation as well as direction, vision, and planning when needed.
- BA/BS in Industrial Design or similar discipline.
- 1-2 years of experience designing consumer products.
Encouraged supplementary experience:
- Machine Shop / Welding / Woodworking
- Soldering / Circuit Design
- Startup / Business
- Social Media Platforms
- Web / UX Design
- Manufacturing / Lean Six Sigma
- Software Development
- Photography / Videography
Hold your horses, we want to learn more about you! Please share with us an engaging narrative together with sending your resume. Highlight an example of a well-designed product you value in your daily life. If you were to create something similar, what inspirations would influence your product? What would you change to guarantee your product is even more successful than your example?
Required: Please include your portfolio of any products you have designed, engineered, or built with your application.
Check out MagnaFlow and some of MFi’s past accomplishments:
- See our facility: Creating the Best Subaru WRX STI Exhaust with MagnaFlow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP_xmNA3Ab0
- TJ Hunt: NEW EXHAUST FOR THE C8 CORVETTE! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eZsrjmuCo4
- Past Project: Overland Series - https://www.magnaflow.com/pages/overland-series-performance-exhaust-systems
- Past Project: C8 xMOD - https://www.magnaflow.com/pages/chevrolet-corvette-c8-xmod-series-exhaust-system