If you enjoy working in a dynamic and energetic environment, want to be treated with respect, and are interested in continual learning and develop your skills, Magnaflow is a good choice for you.
- The Industrial Engineer is responsible for designing and implementing manufacturing processes, equipment, and plants (from pilot to fully operational). Maximizes efficiency by analyzing layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods, and work force utilization. Determines parts and tools needed in order to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specification. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. Reports to engineering manager.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Establish work measurement programs, conducting motion studies, and recommending methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities.
- Project Manager on plant or corporate initiatives, focusing on cost reduction projects.
- Work with site management, engineering, operations to guide facilities and equipment selection and layout to optimize safety, quality and operational efficiency.
- Works with manufacturing engineering team to drive process improvements, identifying compliance to contractual requirements for consistent, repeatable, and flawless execution.
- Leads the design of solutions utilizing broad knowledge, best practices and benchmarking.
- Evaluates, designs and implements new layouts for facilities.
- Implements Continuous Improvement initiatives to help ensure the safety, quality and cost of products.
- Leads multiple Industrial Engineering projects with minimal oversight
- Manages projects and program execution of low to moderate complexity
- Proficient in statistical analysis processes and understands how and when to apply them based on the situation and specific needs.
- Leads Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, and other Lean events and ensures projects are done according to budget and timelines.
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a science related discipline – preferred Industrial Engineering.
- Preferred 1-3yrs working experience in a manufacturing facility as an Industrial engineering
- Excellent attention to detail and data analysis skills
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude and be self-motivated
- Familiarity with GANTT, critical path management or tools like MSPP or similar
- Familiarity with 2D and 3D engineering design and manufacturing tools (e.g., Autodesk, Solidworks or other)
- Ability to work hands on individually as well as with others as a team
- Ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner
Job Status: Full Time