Jr. Quality Control Engineer
Are you looking for a career with an industry leader with growth, stability, and an engaging work environment? MagnaFlow offers career growth, competitive pay, and an outstanding benefit package with medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off, holidays, and a birthday holiday!
Jr. Quality position will provide support to the Quality Department and Production to ensure quality, processes and Products are compliant to ISO Standards and company specs. Conducting analytical and physical tests on raw materials, production materials and products in accordance with approved procedures. To monitor defined processes and products for fulfilling the requirements of the customer by ensuring that variances in processes and products are clearly defined and assessed
- Technical support for production to ensure all product quality requirements and designs are compliant to company spec and ISO requirements
- Investigate, analyze and assist with disposition of nonconforming material through the Quality process. Identify underlying causes and identify nonconforming trends using trend data and analysis. Ensure Corrective and Preventive Actions are sustainable.
- To assist in the control of release product and processes on the production floor.
- Be able to rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of Quality
- Conduct routine and custom analytical analysis to measure product and processes for the conformance to quality requirements.
- Perform quality, reliability, and testing procedures / drive quality and reliability requirements and standards on the floor and in the laboratory.
- Develops, revises, and initiates procedures, work instructions, and methods for inspection, testing.
- Assist with conducting training on quality control, reliability and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Assists workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
- Participates in and supports the Quality Management System.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field (engineering, mathematics, chemistry) preferred.
- 0-4 years related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing preferred
- Experience working with ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems Requirements. ISO auditing experience is a plus.
- Experience with the use of Quality Methodology and Process Improvement Tools.
- Experience in chemical manufacturing is a plus
- Proficient in MS Office, PowerPoint, Excel. Able to generate charts and graphs.
- Understand the concepts of good laboratory practices