Jr. Quality Engineer
Title: Jr. Quality Engineer
Reports to: Quality Manager
General Description: Jr. QE will provide support to the Quality Department and Production to ensure quality and processes are compliant to ISO Standards and company specs. Assist in driving RMA and Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) cost down through root cause analysis and trending. Work with all departments to drive corrective and preventive actions utilizing Quality Problem Solving Techniques and Methodology.
- Technical support for production to ensure all product quality requirements and designs are compliant to company spec and ISO requirements
- Work closely with RMA returns department and analysis reason for returns. Investigate and perform root cause analysis using Quality methodology and Quality Problem-Solving Techniques, such as 8Ds, 5whys, Fishbone diagram.
- Investigate, analyze and assist with disposition of nonconforming material through the MRB process. Identify underlying causes and identify nonconforming trends using trend data and analysis.
- Facilitate Root Cause, Corrective and Preventive Action processes using problem solving techniques.
- Assist in driving cost of customer returns and Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) down through root cause investigation and analysis.
- Drive root cause analysis of issues and assist in the development of long term solutions (Corrective Action / Preventive Action). Ensure Corrective and Preventive Actions are sustainable.
- Maintains and publish KPI and other related tracking reports to analyze quality trends with RMAs and Nonconforming issues and identify opportunities for improvements.
- Perform quality, reliability, and testing activities / drive quality and reliability requirements and standards on the floor
- Establish new and maintain existing process failure mode and effect analysis, ongoing process control plans and process flow diagrams for all processes.
- Develops, revises, and initiates procedures, work instructions, and methods for inspection, testing.
- Assist with conducting training on quality control, reliability and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Performing First Article inspection as required. Evaluates quality assurance equipment designed by others and participates in Gage R & R studies as needed.
- Assists workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
- Applies total quality management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes within organization.
- Assist in the development of production fixtures to implement Poka-yoke solutions.
- Initiate and implement programs aimed at improving the quality of operations and reducing the total cost of quality
- Participates in and supports the Quality Management System.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field (engineering, mathematics) from a four-year college or university preferred.
- 3 - 5 years related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), preferred.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma certification preferred (Green or Black Belt).
- Experience working with ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems Requirements. ISO auditing experience is a plus.
- Experience with the use of Quality Methodology and Process Improvement Tools.
- Able to read and understand mechanical drawings using ASME Y14.5.
- Bending, Fabrication Assemble, Welding and Automated Processes experience is a plus
- Proficient in MS Office, Powerpoint, Excel. Able to generate pareto charts and graphs
- Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) preferred
Must be able to sit and stand intermittently, use a keyboard, climb stairs occasionally, and lift up to 50 pounds with or without accommodations.
These duties may be expanded, deleted or changed at any time per management’s discretion.
Job Status: Full Time