Machine Operator I
To attend job fair on 3/31/21 please RSVP here: https://directtointerview.indeed.com/256250/
Primary Responsibilities of the Position:
- This position is a broad description for a “General Machine Operator” position. Training related to the specific machine being operated by this position will take place on site.
- This position ensures the accuracy or products being produced by placing them in to an approved fitment fixture or “Go- NO Go” Gauge, and inspecting for fitment to the fixture prior to sending to welding.
- This position typically has no employees reporting directly to it, and this position reports directly to the department supervisor, and Production manager.
- This position requires an individual who has a minimum of 2 years working in a manufacturing environment.
- This position requires a basic knowledge of OSHA safety regulations.
- This position requires ability to properly care, and maintain all the specific machine being operated, such as cleaning of the machine. Training on care and maintenance will be included in operator training.
- Ability to read drawings and other manufacturing documents will be helpful.
Essential Duties of the Position:
- Maintain accurate counts of parts produced on a daily basis.
- Double check quantities of parts produced for accuracy.
- Maintain a functional work area that is consistent with Five “S” and Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Be open minded to new methods of automation which require non conventional practices with regard to fabrication.
- Inspect parts produced to the company’s quality standards, and fitment to the fixture.
Equipment and Resources Used to Perform:
- PPE (Glasses, gloves, etc..)
- Tape Measure
- Close and general vision
- Good hand eye coordination
- This position requires prolonged standing of up to 8 hours at a time.
- This position requires the lifting of 50 lbs. Any lifting over 50 lbs is to be lifted with the assistance of other individuals.
- This position requires reaching above and below the shoulders.
- Position requires bending at the waist to pick up items from floor level.