Maintenance Technician II
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Installs, maintains, tests, troubleshoots and repairs in the areas of industrial machinery/equipment servicing, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and vehicle servicing; is knowledgeable in the procedures and safety measures in these areas. Requires 2-5 years of experience in the industrial manufacturing field or in a related area. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the maintenance field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Works under limited supervision.
Experience, Skills & Education
Experience, Skills & Education
- Strong Mechanically ability required
- Intermediate to advance Electrical Knowledge
- Electrical (110v-480v AC, 24vDC, Control systems, Motor controls, etc.)
- Preventative Maintenance (Performing routine maintenance on machinery/equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed)
- Repairing Industrial machinery/equipment (Repair machines or systems with proper tools, parts, and safety practices)
- Plumbing (Including but not limited to gas lines, water lines, air lines, etc.)
- Troubleshooting (Determining causes of operating errors and finding the correct solution)
- Use of hand tools
- Operate power tools
- Able to be forklift certified
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to work independently
- Able to do precise and detailed work
- Able to Read and understand blue prints, electrical schematics, technical drawings
- Good communication skills
- Keep records of work preformed
Additional Qualities Necessary
- Clean, lubricate and adjust parts, equipment and machinery.
- Disassemble machinery and equipment to remove parts and make necessary repairs.
- Repair and replace broken or malfunctioning components of machinery and equipment.
- Make adjustments and repairs to heating, cooling, ventilating, plumbing, and electrical systems.
- Notify Managers/Supervisors concerning the need for major repairs on machinery and equipment.
- Preventative maintenance on machinery and equipment
- Analyze test results, machine error messages, and information obtained from operators in order to diagnose equipment failures.
- Install, align, assemble or dismantle, clean, lubricate, move, troubleshoot, inspect, examine, maintain, adjust and repair or replace defective parts of power transmission, hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic systems.
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices such as cranes, jacks and forklifts to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery
- Adhere to safety procedures
- Adjust or set mechanical controls or components
- Adjust production equipment/machinery setup
- Analyze operation of malfunctioning electrical or electronic equipment
- Assemble and install pipe sections, fittings, or plumbing fixtures
- Assemble, dismantle, or reassemble equipment or machinery
- Calibrate or adjust electronic equipment or instruments to specification
- Conduct tests to locate mechanical system malfunction
- Control HVAC equipment
- Cut, bend, or thread pipe for gas, air, hydraulic, or water lines
- Diagnose mechanical problems in machinery or equipment
- Inspect machinery or equipment to determine adjustments or repairs needed
- Install/connect electrical equipment to power circuit
- Lubricate machinery, equipment, or parts
- Maintain or repair industrial or related equipment/machinery
- Repair or replace electrical wiring, circuits, fixtures, or equipment
- Repair or replace malfunctioning or worn mechanical components
Job Status: Full Time