If you enjoy working in a dynamic and energetic environment, want to be treated with respect, and are interested in continual learning and develop your skills, Magnaflow is a good choice for you.
The Manufacturing Engineer will perform detailed labor/material cost calculations, create/maintain BOM and routing data in the ERP system, create/manage project timelines, create and implement control plans, design/implement tooling, and transition new product introductions from Engineering to Production. The Manufacturing Engineer will provide day-to-day technical support for the factory, implement cost reduction and continuous improvement, and execute the Engineering Change process. Reports to engineering manager.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Establish work measurement programs, conducting motion studies, and recommending methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities.
- Under the direction of Sr. Mfg Engineers, creates plans/schedules/timelines for NPI launch and transition to production.
- Works with manufacturing engineering team to drive process improvements, identifying compliance to contractual requirements for consistent, repeatable, and flawless execution.
- Implements Continuous Improvement initiatives to help ensure the safety, quality and cost of products.
- Inputs and configures BOM s, routings, and master data to the ERP system. Creates Manufacturing Instructions, and Work Instructions for new products. Executes the Engineering Change Order process.
- Provides technical support to production staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications and skills
- Preferred Degreed Engineer
- Lean Manufacturing
- Process Improvement and Problem Solving
- SolidWorks, GD&T, CMM Inspection skills
- Excellent attention to detail and data analysis skills
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude and be self-motivated
- Ability to work hands on individually as well as with others as a team
- Ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner
Job Status: Full Time