ECT catalyst manufacturing
The Machine Operator is responsible for the effective operation of a semi-automated catalyst production line. The Machine operator is responsible for the line set up, process control and troubleshooting of the equipment. Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills are required as well as basic understanding of PLC driven machinery. The Machine Operator ensures that all parts meet or exceed both quality and performance metrics while adhering to the production schedule. The Machine Operator must comply with the company’s Health and Safety and 5S procedures’.
The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Individually control all operational aspects of the semi-automated production line including; loading, start up, shut down, changeover, and batching
- Ensure product exceeds quality standards and meets targeted loading
- Maintain work flow by monitoring the coating process; setting and adjusting processing variables; observing control points and equipment.
- Coordinates with Production Supervisor to direct and monitor production line support staff in a way that optimizes the operation of the machine
- Coordinates with the Maintenance team to solve equipment problems and ensure proper line operation.
- Complete all necessary documentation for machine operation, quality, and inventory control
- Document production performance through an hourly performance tracker and end of shift production summaries
- Be able to rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Maintain housekeeping standards.
- Complies with/enforces company standards and regularly participates in process improvement activities
- Reports monthly KPIs and performance metrics
- Associate’s degree in a Science/technology related field or 2+ years’ experience in manufacturing
- Experience using automated production equipment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and time management skills
- Proficient knowledge with Microsoft Office products
Must be able to sit and stand intermittently, use a keyboard, climb stairs occasionally, and regularly lift up to 25 pounds with or without accommodations and occasionally lift or move up to 50 lbs.
These duties may be added, deleted, or changed at management’s discretion at any time.
Job Status: Full Time