Marketing & Communications Intern
Job Description & Qualifications
Internship Timeline: Approximate timeframe from late-May to mid-September (We will work to accommodate both Semester or Quarter schedules)
Position location: Oceanside, CA
General Description: As a Marketing and Communications Intern, you will support the daily work of the Marketing Department at our corporate headquarters in Oceanside CA. Our internship program gives students the opportunity to apply their classroom experience to real world projects. In addition to supporting day-to-day marketing activities, our interns will participate in a summer long project with the opportunity to cross-collaborate with multiple departments. Over the course of your time here, you’ll be exposed to the graphic design process, social media, brand activations and events, and digital content development, as well as see how these functions work together to support the greater business strategy.
• Support day-to-day creative, administrative and strategic marketing efforts
• Assist in the creation of visual content (photographs, graphics, video) for marketing channels
• Participate in marketing brainstorming sessions
• Assist in logistics and execution of activations and events
• Participate in cross-departmental summer project
• Present project at end of term to Management and Executive groups
• Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field
• Applied understanding of basic marketing principles
• Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office
• Basic photography, image and video editing, and graphic design skills
• Some experience with the use of Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier)
• Familiarity with major social media platforms
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Thrives in a deadline-driven environment
• Ability to work self-directed and as a member of a team
• Passion for all things automotive
• Previous internship and/or project experience is a plus
Must be able to sit and stand intermittently, use a keyboard, climb stairs occasionally, and lift up to 25 pounds with or without accommodations. These duties may be expanded, deleted, or changed at any time per management’s discretion.
The intern candidate evaluation process has been designed to allow both the candidate and MagnaFlow the time necessary to gain a solid, candid understanding of one another to ensure the candidate will be successful in the internship.
The evaluation process will include a combination of phone and video interviews. During the process, the candidate will have the opportunity to speak with members of Marketing, Executive Management and Human Resources.
What’s In It For You?
• We Pay You! -- Get paid $25 an hour for the entire summer.
• Tangible results – Know and understand in-depth the problems you are working to solve.
• Experience in action – Learn how various teams throughout the organization collaborate and align on multiple business priorities simultaneously.
• Leadership mentoring – Meet with the MagnaFlow leadership team members to see how they got where they are now.
• Network with our other summer interns to share your experiences – Excellent opportunity to network and compare what you are learning with like-minded people and establish long-term professional relationships.
• Solving real business problems alongside our team of developers – Solve a business problem from start to finish with the help of our team.
• Project presentation with key stake holders of the business – Present a project you started and completed at the end of the summer to the leadership team.
• MagnaFlow SWAG – You get cool MagnaFlow SWAG to wear.
• Paid Holidays – Get the same holiday benefits that our team members enjoy.
INTERN APPLICATION QUESTIONS:
Please answer the below questions (at least 2-3 sentences), and submit this page together with your resume. Phone / video interviews will be scheduled during the month of January 2021.
1. What experience or interest do you have with the automotive industry?
2. Why do you want to work for MagnaFlow?
3. What separates you / your candidacy from your peers in your field of study?
4. What are you looking to learn during an internship opportunity at MagnaFlow?
5. Describe a scenario where you solved a problem on a project that had minimal instruction.
6. Tell us something unique about you as an individual that may not come through from your resume.
7. If selected for the internship, what dates will you be available to work?