Are you looking for a career with an industry leader with growth, stability, and an engaging work environment? MagnaFlow offers career growth, competitive pay, and an outstanding benefit package with medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off, holidays, and a birthday holiday!
MagnaFlow’s Innovation Team (MFi) is hiring a Marketing Communication Designer who can create product campaign strategies, craft product experiences which tell an engaging story, and collaborate amongst a cross-functional group of creative peers to drive new products and business initiatives. MFi’s mission is to explore, expand and execute the realization of new products or processes critical to the future success of the MagnaFlow Group. We are looking for a top-notch candidate with an
entrepreneurial mindset who is passionate about the automotive and technology markets. This individual must be ambitious and self-driven, bringing a “can do” attitude throughout the entire design process.
Why is this role important for MagnaFlow?
It’s no surprise, the automotive space is evolving rapidly. MFi serves as MagnaFlow’s experimental platform to evolve with the market by taking bold risks, leveraging existing resources, and exploring new opportunities in a fast-paced industry. You and the surrounding team will be an integral part of shaping direction – whether in current, adjacent, or completely new markets. The results you produce will directly influence the forward direction of MagnaFlow and how MagnaFlow goes to market in the
Once here you will:
- Collaborate with creators of various backgrounds such as design engineers, industrial designers,
graphic designers, manufacturing engineers, prototyping fabricators, and software designers.
- Develop and execute product release campaign strategies.
- Work or consult on a wide range of key marketing components: brand identities or
implementation, graphics (product or exhibition assets), product messaging, website design,
packaging, or even presentation decks.
- Get involved with all aspects of the product development process including: customer research,
brainstorming, concept development, prototyping, design for manufacturing, sales forecasting,
and marketing campaign strategies.
- Get out of the office and into the field to test products or develop customer understanding.
- Champion a culture that lets you both learn and teach through collaborating with colleagues
outside your immediate area of expertise; continuously broaden your “Skill T” by working on the
edges of your field.
What does MagnaFlow offer you?
As the leading manufacturer of aftermarket catalytic converters and performance exhaust, working at MagnaFlow is a quick way to jumpstart your career in the automotive industry. Once here, you will have the opportunity to pioneer company-first products and technology while also taking full responsibility for impactful project decisions. Family-owned and operated, work culture is centered around strong relationships with your peers. Projects are challenging and the tempo is fast pace, but the process is ripe
with opportunities to succeed. You’ll come to appreciate a corporate culture which champions autonomy in your project space and a genuine respect for work-life balance.
Required experience, mindset, education:
- You have a demonstrated history of telling stories through the craft of visual communication
and marketing campaigns.
- You are a strategic thinker and you understand the importance of resonating with the endconsumer; you can connect the dots between key product features, customer needs, and brand
- Proficient in graphics programs such as Adobe CS (Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator).
- You have excellent writing skills which could be applied to early-stage copywriting and content
- Ability to quickly visualize ideas and excellent sketching skills.
- You are up to date with current trends and social media platforms.
- Basic photography and videography skills. You understand the high-level process to create
- Demonstrated background as a self-starter and fearless problem-solver.
- Excellent planning abilities, including careful attention to detail, top-tier organization, and
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- You work best in a collaborative, team-based environment. You support and motivate teams
through group participation as well as direction, vision, and planning when needed.
- BA/BS in Communication Design, Graphic Design, Marketing, or similar discipline in the creative
- 1-2 years of experience marketing consumer products.
Encouraged supplementary experience:
- Machine Shop / Welding / Woodworking
- Soldering / Circuit Design
- Startup / Business
- Social Media Platforms
- Web / UX Design
- Manufacturing / Lean Six Sigma
- Software Development
Hold your horses, we want to learn more about you! Please share with us an engaging narrative together with sending your resume. Highlight an example of a well-marketed product you value in your daily life. If your team were to create something similar, what inspirations would influence your product messaging and aesthetic? What would you change to guarantee your product is even more successful than your example?
Required: Please include your portfolio of any products you have designed, engineered, or built with your application.
Check out MagnaFlow and some of MFi’s past accomplishments:
- See our facility: Creating the Best Subaru WRX STI Exhaust with MagnaFlow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP_xmNA3Ab0
- TJ Hunt: NEW EXHAUST FOR THE C8 CORVETTE! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eZsrjmuCo4
- Past Project: Overland Series - https://www.magnaflow.com/pages/overland-series-performance-exhaust-systems
- Past Project: C8 xMOD - https://www.magnaflow.com/pages/chevrolet-corvette-c8-xmod-series-exhaust-system