Material Handler Supervisor
Material Handler Supervisor
Reports to: Materials Manager
The Material Handler Supervisor is responsible to lead, organize and provide strategic guidance to the Material handling / Receiving department(s) to insure inventory accuracy, customer requirements, shop orders, and receipts of both outside vendors and our Mexico affiliate is produced daily. Assure both facilities have a healthy pipeline of material ready for production in a High Mix Low Volume manufacturing environment.
The Material Handler Supervisor assists with KPI control within all departments including safety, quality, customer service and efficiency in order to achieve customer quality and delivery demands.
Maintains direct responsibility as a process owner to lead, motivate, inspire, coordinate and collaborate with multifunctional support groups in order to drive discipline, best practices and a world class continuous improvement culture to help the team attain and sustain the highest levels of operational excellence.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Be a champion and strong role model for safety, environmental and health strategies, policies, practices and behaviors.
- Operate every day utilizing a “Safety First” mentality – assure machines are operable, the team is following all safety guidelines, and observe regularly areas of concern and drive for change, supports all Safety Committee activities
- Makes sure his team keeps areas clean and aisles free of unnecessary items and WIP.
- Ensures the safety of the crew by enforcing proper Personal Protective Equipment and Dress Code rules throughout the department(s).
- Provide Material Handling leadership and guidance to the Materials Department(s) to assure safety and efficiency goals are met and maintained
- Coordinate pick list fulfillment activities in order to meet daily Production requirements and goals
- Provide hands-on expertise to drive departmental improvements to line with company goals and expectations
- Oversee all Cycle Count processes and provides root causes and corrective actions
- Develop / improve all Cycle Count data and provide weekly metrics to management
- Develop, implement, and continually review personnel activities and processes
- Ensure adherence to Magnaflow Production strategies and vision throughout the facility
- Manage the activities of the material Handling / Receiving department(s) by providing effective, team based support
- Effectively communicate performance expectations, manage, evaluate, monitor, and develop employees to ensure their maximum contribution to the achievement of Production goals
- Coordinate and implements effective actions and activities to meet goals
- Mentor and encourage employees to work to full potential
- Ensuring the proper movement of material in accordance with the schedule, while meeting the hourly, daily, and weekly production output targets for the department.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize work and drive change
- Ensure internal customer needs are met daily by providing a strong plan while being able to be flexible and make sound decisions on the fly
- Utilize the company resources including machinery, tooling, and human resources to meet the schedule
- Ensure that all material and tooling entering and exiting the department’s area are properly identified and accounted for in the IFS system in accordance with ISO procedures
- Coordinate with our Ocean Ranch facility for timely deliveries of all required materials, Catalyst, Coil, Manifolds, etc. needed to supply the internal customers
- Contain strong interview, staff development, and coaching skills by understanding all processes and lead with positive encouragement
- Sets up, instructs, and maintains efficient workflow.
- Ensures proper training of employees in job duties and functions
- Orders materials as needed, assures all material is issued to the proper shop order
- Tag baskets with correct WIP tags, and label parts received with correct accepted by and/or inspected by labels
- Understand IFS to perform all departmental processes
- Prints schedule every day and communicates priorities with team and planner
- Communicates with engineers on any issues with parts (pipe, flanges, and fixtures)
- Report any damages with fixtures and tooling
- Order any tools or cleaning supplies needed for the department
- Conducts daily team meetings to discuss the schedule, problems, solutions, and improvement
- Ability to learn, operate, and train on multiple types of lift trucks
- Performs basic administration of supervisory responsibilities and documents; hiring, training, completing performance reviews
- Actively promotes company values and leads by example
- Creates a positive, healthy, conducive work environment for the team to complete their assigned responsibilities / tasks
- Collaborates with Production Managers and Supervisors from other departments to flex resources based on daily production conditions
- Ensuring proper training of employees in job duties and functions, utilizing Training Database.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
- College degree or equivalent years of experience in related field or production supervisory environment
- Supervisory experience required
- Strong technical expertise in warehouse principles and fundamentals
- Demonstrated ability to provide successful daily staffing actions
- Cycle Count experience required
- Experience in exhaust system manufacturing or tube bending, welding, metal forming experience preferred
- Direct hands-on interaction with employees and equipment required
- A leader noted for an ability to drive change through influence as opposed to authority
- Ability to multi-task and work extended hours under pressure as necessary by demand
- Must be able to properly communicate with crew in a highly professional and respectable manner
- Excellent communication skills: speaking, writing, listening
- Bilingual in Spanish desirable
- Basic computer skills, strong Excel, Word, and Outlook experience required
Must be able to sit and stand intermittently, use a keyboard, climb stairs occasionally, and lift up to 25 pounds with or without accommodations.
These duties may be added, deleted, or changed at management’s discretion at any time.
Job Status: Full Time