REPORTS TO: Director of Product Development
The Draftsman generates part drawings and product structures for new development and revisions. This position prepares new products for production, as well as making revisions to current products.
- Measure and sketch First Article product
- Create and revise product drawings in current 3D drawing format
- Create and revise product structures (Bill of Materials) in drawing
- Create installation sheet when applicable
- Create product packaging label
- Source the required components for new products
- Work with Product Development team, Process, and Manufacturing Engineers to determine proper product structures and manufacturing routings
- Knowledge of CAD mechanical drafting, 3D format preferred
- Automotive modification and/or repair experience desired
- Experience in manufacturing routing, product structure creation and data entry
- Prepare accurate drawings in current 3D format
- Associate’s degree, or higher, preferred in the Engineering field
- Understanding of how products are built in order to create or modify manufacturing routings and product structures
- Interest in the automotive aftermarket industry
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge and use of measuring tools (calipers, tape measure, protractor, etc.)
- Proven team player
Must be able to sit and stand intermittently, use a keyboard, climb stairs occasionally, and lift up to 25 pounds with or without accommodations.
These duties may be expanded, deleted or changed at any time per management’s discretion.
Job Status: Full Time