The Plant Manager is responsible for overall direction, control and management of all activities within the manufacturing and supply chain operations of the company.
- Oversee manufacturing operations for 3 shift, 300 employee plant to include operational plans and the implementation to ensure excellent service metrics for our customers, high quality levels, & maximum capacity utilization of the manufacturing
- Responsible for formulating policies, programs, and objectives affecting the safety, schedule, quality, and cost of manufactured products. A Safety Champion.
- Oversee production according to quality and quantity specifications within cost objectives.
- Work in conjunction with planning and implementation of production plans including receiving sales forecasts; requisition for procurement of raw materials; and manufacturing of products
- Identify and adapt technological advances to meet the group’s competitive objectives within the marketplace.
- Introduce manufacturing and supply chain initiatives, including Long Range Capacity Plans, appropriate LEAN programs, strategic resource allocation and applying good manufacturing principles, organization structure, leadership, sourcing and integration, production systems and techniques for improved efficiencies and adherence to best practice
- Provide strong leadership to employees, ensuring high morale, team work and good employee relations, at all levels, including on the shop floor.
- Familiar with LEAN and TPM implementation.
- Promote the development of favorable employee relations to further the organization's production of quality goods.
- Ability to thrive and implement great manufacturing process in a High Mix, Low Volume environment.
- Exceed performance targets ensuring profitability of the individual manufacturing units.
- Ensure “Management by Objectives” process systematically applied within all Manufacturing plants.
- Ensuring compliance to all group systems, guidelines & policies, and lead by example
- Apply cost and efficiency saving techniques across all areas
- Prior Plant Management or Operations Experience at Plant/General Manager Level.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering , Manufacturing, or Management discipline
- Strong communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- LEAN/ Six Sigma/ TPM knowledge and experience.
Must be able to sit and stand intermittently, use a keyboard, climb stairs occasionally, and lift up to 25 pounds with or without accommodations.
These duties may be added to, deleted or changed at management’s discretion at any time.
Job Status: Full Time