Production 2nd Shift Supervisor
- Plans, communicates and coordinates daily work activities for all departments (Production, Batching, and Milling) to meet organizational KPIs for line production, efficiency, quality, labor utilization, and housekeeping.
- Embodies a positive culture that fosters a solid team attitude and work ethic. Develops, trains, and evaluates production employees on an individual basis.
- Ensures on time production schedule and communicates KPIs and other plant activities on daily production summaries.
- Responsible for maintaining and documenting process quality in accordance with company standards.
- Establishes and enforces organizational standards for safety and housekeeping.
- Works with Engineering and Maintenance teams to modify processes and equipment in order to improve production, quality, and reliability.
- Arranges cross training and development of employee’s skills to ensure a continued high level of production.
- Creates, reviews, and audits work instructions (WIs) for all production’s tasks and processes.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science/Engineering and/or relevant experience in a complex manufacturing environment
- Strong supervisory skills with ability to build team engagement and commitment
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience with PLC driven production equipment preferred.
- Experience using Excel and ERP/MRP systems
- Self-motivated individual who takes initiative
- Works in both office and manufacturing environments
- Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices.
- Experience in an ISO9001 environment and knowledge of OSHA regulations
Must be able to sit and stand intermittently, use a keyboard, climb stairs occasionally, and lift up to 50 pounds with or without accommodations.