The Production Planner is responsible for scheduling shop orders and maintaining an efficient production schedule in order to optimize customer fill rate. The Production Planner is responsible to support KPI controls within all departments including safety, quality, customer service and efficiency to achieve customer quality and delivery demands. Collaborates with multifunctional support groups in order to drive discipline, best practices and a world class continuous improvement culture to help the team attain and sustain the highest levels of operational excellence.
- Analyze and interpret MRP/MPS in order to publish a weekly production schedule
- Monitor weekly production schedules and operations schedule adherence.
- Schedule specified production work centers
- Verify that material is available for published schedules
- Run Pick List for scheduled departments
- Anticipate product shortages and ensures that product shortages are handled properly and quickly.
- Evaluate quarterly reorder points for specific product lines and raw material components
- Weekly - report on plan and schedules efficiencies
- Monthly - develop and report on designated product line master plan to management
- Utilize ERP routing system as a vital portion of production planning and control
- Collaborate with Process Engineering to define, define, control and sustain Master Lists of tasks to be performed in the manufacturing process
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Maintain sufficient inventory of finished goods and subassemblies to support a 95% fill rate to customers, both internal and external.
- Collaborate with Production Managers and/ or departments to flex resources based on daily production conditions
- Work in partnership with the Production Managers and Supervisors to optimize shop orders flow and improve efficiency metrics
- Contribute to and participate in strategic management meetings to support S&OP metrics.
- Actively participate as a tour guide/host to support Sales group needs
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (Business, Engineering, Supplier Chain, etc.) but applicable work experience will be considered.
- Over 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Competency and familiarity with ERP/MRP systems.
- Strong and independent organizational, analytical, detailed planning and project management skills
- Competency with Microsoft applications, with advanced Excel spreadsheet skills.
- Basic understanding of supply chain supply and demand concepts.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills: speaking, writing, listening
- Articulate and persuasive; ability to communicate difficult and complex matters in a straightforward, transparent manner
- Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma training or certification
- Value Stream Management system exposure
- Bilingual in Spanish
Must be able to sit and stand intermittently, use a keyboard, climb stairs occasionally, and lift up to 25 pounds with or without accommodations.
These duties may be expanded, deleted or changed at any time per management’s discretion.
Job Status: Full Time