Production Planning Manager
The Planning Manager is responsible to oversee all production management planning activities within the organization to achieve excellent customer service and optimal inventory levels, maintaining an efficient production schedule. The Planning Manager is responsible to support and sustain KPI controls within all departments including safety, quality, customer service and efficiency to achieve customer quality and delivery demands.
Collaborates with multifunctional support groups in order to lead, motivate, coordinate in order to drive discipline, best practices and a world class continuous improvement culture to help the team attain and sustain the highest levels of operational excellence.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The Planning Manager primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Be a champion and role model for safety, environmental and health strategies, policies, practices and behaviors.
- Actively promotes company values and leads by example
- Ensure that finished products meet quality standards and customer specifications.
- Supports and update weekly production schedules based on S&OP indicators
- Manage long term forecast and work with Operations to develop capacity requirements plan.
- Lead, participate and present in strategic business management meetings.
- Liaise with cross-functional partners to anticipate, mitigate and/or prevent any probable production delays
- Plan, schedule and anticipate effective production activities and managing/supervising production operations.
- Develop production plan, budget and timelines according to production specifications.
- Determine production requirements based on plant capacity and production specifications.
- Plan work flow and schedules for production departments.
- Drive and sustain cost-effective, efficient production through the application of lean manufacturing principles.
- Contribute to implementation and execution and improvement of the ERP system
- Responsible to build, develop, sustain, and retain a high performing team.
- Creates a positive, healthy, conducive work environment for the team to complete their assigned responsibilities / tasks
- Mentor, train and coach Production Planners in the optimal use of the ERP system
- Perform Planner’s performance reviews on an annual basis
- Respond to disciplinary issues and performance improvement plans as they arise
- Actively leads, participate, and/or engage in initiatives and projects aimed at improving KPI’s, problem solving structure, culture and employee retention.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
- Actively participates as a tour guide/host to support Sales group needs
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial engineering, APICS/CPIM, business management, logistics, or similar field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years of management/supervisory experience with a mid to large size manufacturing compan
- 3+ years experience with capacity planning in a modern ERP system
- Competency with Microsoft applications, with advanced Excel spreadsheet skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Articulate and persuasive; ability to communicate difficult and complex matters in a straightforward, transparent manner
- Ability to multi-task and work extended hours under pressure as necessary by demand
- Strong and independent organizational, analytical, detailed planning and project management skills
- Ability to turn data into actionable information.
- Self-directed, with the ability to communicate findings, make recommendations, and facilitate change.
- Must be able to properly communicate in a highly professional and respectable manner
- Lean or Six Sigma training or certification desira
- Value Stream Management system exposure
- Bilingual in Spanish highly desirable
Must be able to sit and stand intermittently, use a keyboard, climb stairs occasionally, and lift up to 25 pounds with or without accommodations.
These duties may be added, deleted, or changed at management’s discretion at any time.
Job Status: Full Time