Production Supervisor- Materials
The Materials supervisor is responsible for supervising and managing the raw materials and assemblies needed for MagnaFlow production. They are in charge of supervising all activities related to receiving purchased parts, material flow, and servicing parts as needed. They manage all materials-related activities such as ordering ,as well as suggest changes to storage and retrieval processes to maximize the use of company resources. In addition, they participate in the inventory process by ensuring accurate materials counts, by creating processes and procedures, and administering the cycle counting process.
The Materials supervisor is also responsible for tracking performance using departmental metrics, as well as organizing inventory records for future reference. They manage materials shipments to OSP and receipts, as well as continuously improve the unloading, receiving, and storing processes for production materials. Additionally, materials supervisors act as a liaison for ongoing communication among material handlers. They also oversee the counting, weighing and measuring of incoming or outgoing materials to verify measurements against invoices, orders, or other records.
They will be responsible for overseeing the Material Handling staff, as well as their performance. Duties include but are not limited to :
- Oversee processes and security to ensure flow of materials meets delivery and production goals.
- Reduce obsolescence and waste of materials.
- Analyze and plan for materials with unusual lead times, storage needs or delicacy.
- Inventory and audit all existing materials regularly, accounting for transit and shortfalls.
- Reduce waste through analyzing and reducing shrinkage and mishandling.
- Adhere to agreed Key measures wrt to put away times, inventory accuracy etc.
- Supervise, motivate, and evaluate staff to reach goals and document inventory transactions.
A high school diploma is required for this job. In addition, 5 years previous experience in a supervisory position is required as well. Materials supervisors must possess strong communication skills, pay close attention to detail, and be proficient with basic computer programs and system of record (ERP) . They must be able to multitask on a variety of projects and remain organized as well. APICS/ CPIM (Certified in Production & Inventory Management) certification strongly preferred. Microsoft Office skills required.
Job Status: Full Time