- Provides 3D scans to support engineers on a variety of technical tasks.
- Gathers, compiles and maintains technical data such as 3D scan results.
- Performs general mathematical calculations. Presents findings.
- May provide preliminary analyses of data and model dimensional consistency and accuracy.
- Assist in vehicle disassembly and reassembly and operate or maintain basic equipment and tools utilized in the automotive field.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Maintain and operate 3D measurement equipment.
- Preferably possess an understanding of basic GD&T principles.
- Proficiency in the use of computer applications pertinent to the field and have the skills necessary to precisely record technical data.
- Must have the capability to perform complex assignments under the direction of senior staff.
- Interface with engineers to establish measurement requirements and reference systems.
- Interpret general instructions, and work under limited supervision.
- Must be a structured worker; able to interpret engineering requirements and perform the scan or measurement in a timely organized manner.
- An in-depth knowledge of automobiles is preferred.
- Willingness to learn with hands-on training.
- Exhibits strong organizational skills.
- Pays close attention to detail.
- Works well on a team.
- Possesses background knowledge in engineering or automotive aftermarket preferred.
- 1-2 years technical College and preferably one to three years of experience in related technical field. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Previous 3D scanning experience is not required to qualify for this position.