Are you looking for a career with an industry leader with growth, stability, and an engaging work environment? MagnaFlow offers career growth, competitive pay, and an outstanding benefit package with medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off, holidays, and a birthday holiday!
This position is responsible for various accounting, financial reporting, cost accounting, tax, and financial analysis related duties of the organization:
Position will be required to adapt to remote hybrid work schedule and physically available to transition back into Corporate office environment to integrate with Finance team
- Serves as Senior Accountant and conducts responsibilities associated with maintaining the general ledger and facilitating the month-end close process.
- Prepares supporting documentation and posts journal entries.
- Performs monthly account reconciliations and resolves accounting system discrepancies.
- Helps lead accuracy of recording financial transactions, technical accounting, and financial fluctuation analysis.
- Integrates with A/P and A/R team members for monthly transaction processing, troubleshooting, and timely month-end close.
- Supports Finance team with cost accounting, standard costing, and inventory valuation.
- Validates tax compliance reporting, including Income tax, Sales tax, and Property tax.
- Analyzes ERP system accounting setup and financial transactions, including deep dive into ERP modules such as: Finance, Inventory, Manufacturing, Engineering, and Procurement.
- Teams with IT and business process analysts to support ERP IFS system upgrade implementation.
- Digs through ERP system and transaction data, understands accounting entries, analyzes financial impact, and executes on data quality management.
- Connects and validates data to analyze and roll out Power BI reports
- Supports Finance team with annual plan, budget preparation and budget vs. actuals variance analysis.
- Assists in preparation and review of balance sheets, profit-and-loss statements, and cash flow statements.
- Works cross-departmentally to communicate and support accuracy of financial transactions.
- Assists in the preparation of schedules and inquiries related to financial audit and bank compliance.
- Supports the team with banking transactions, disbursements, and receipts.
- Documents policies, procedures, and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility
- Adds to the overall internal controls environment and pushes continuous process improvement.
- Leads special projects at the direction of Accounting Manager.
Principal requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Accounting, Finance, or Business field
- Minimum required professional experience of 3 years in relevant field / industry
- Proficient MS Office skills, tech savvy, and large ERP system exposure
- Manufacturing environment with cost accounting and inventory experience, preferred
- CPA designation, or candidate, desirable
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities
- Good verbal and writing skills to communicate and operate as a team player.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with different levels of employees
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced and changing environment.
Must be able to sit and stand intermittently, use a keyboard, climb stairs occasionally, and lift up to 25 pounds with or without accommodations.
These duties may be added, deleted, or changed at management’s discretion at any time.