Senior Network Engineer
What We Need
We are seeking a Sr. Network Engineering Manager to manage the Infrastructure environment deploying and supporting our enterprise network environments (wired and wireless). They will manage all aspects of complex design, configuration, and implementation, troubleshooting and supporting data, voice and to ensure high availability for the corporate business units. Candidates should be able to handle multiple projects, tasks and responsibilities. The candidate should also possess good problem solving skills.
As the Sr. Network Engineer Manager, this position will perform overall network engineering, analysis, configuration, security scans, and performance management. Additionally, this position manages a team of Systems Administrators and Help Desk personnel providing guidance, mentorship, goal setting and day to day oversight.
What You Will Do
- Act as an Expert level SME in the areas of Routing and Switching technologies and IP communication.
- In conjunction with the team, develop networking technology standards and infrastructure requirements for new locations or business units.
- Provide technical expertise and project management for wide & local area networking, security infrastructure, business continuity, and VoIP based systems
- Supports and maintains local & wide area data networking, security appliances, monitoring tools, business continuity, and VoIP telephony systems.
- Provide operational, technical, and analytical support for network infrastructure
- Support a WAN environment consisting of MPLS, SDWAN and Point to Point VPN
- Maintain network monitoring and conduct capacity planning
- Configure and Administer Cisco Routers, HP switches, Palo Alto firewalls, load balancers, and wireless access points.
- Support telecom and network connectivity for internal and external users
- Partner with the business community to determine data networking solutions and strategies
- Prepare and maintain procedures, standards, and necessary documentation
- Provide customer satisfaction to both internal and external customers and strive to continuously improve service delivery
- Review and implement changes on the network, following Change management process
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Improve and Introduce best practice procedures, standards and policies.
- Research new technologies, products, tools and protocols to support evolution of network infrastructure and support systems
- Ability to work after hours, nights, weekends and provide emergency response support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year when required
- Perform all other responsibilities and duties deemed necessary
What You Need To Have
- College Degree, preferably in Information Technology or Engineering or related work experience
- Applicable advanced certifications
- 8+ years related experience in data networking and network security
- Proven understanding of VoIP based telephony technology
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of networking issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Proven project management experience.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Really Catch Our Eye With
- MPLS, , IP Networking, VoIP, TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, VPN, EIGRP, RIP , WiFi, WLAN, , IPS, IDS, OpsManager, Darktrace, Office365, AD, DNS, WINS, DHCPAruba (HP ProCurve) 3800 series
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Palo Alto Next Gen firewalls including BGP, IPSec tunnels, routing, etc.
- Virtualization infrastructure including VMware and HyperV
- Wireless controllers
- Ability to quickly switch from one task to another to effectively support production environment.
- Scripting knowledge (Windows batch, PowerShell, AutoIT)
- Linux / UNIX knowledge (CLI only.)
- iSCSI (Windows and Linux)
- Nimble SANs
- Dell Compellent SAN
- Dell Data Domain
- SSL Certs
Our Top Performers Share The Following Traits
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Highly motivated and driven, with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to keep meticulous records, maintain accuracy, and not lose sight of important details
- Willing to work overtime to meet critical deadlines