Social Media Manager
MagnaFlow is a global leader in performance exhaust and emission systems with a nearly 40-year legacy of quality, power and sound. Industry-leading technology, design, fitment, and manufacturing makes MagnaFlow the choice of champions and performance enthusiasts worldwide.
MagnaFlow develops and produces a full line of high-quality performance exhaust products for the automotive and motorcycle aftermarket. MagnaFlow’s performance portfolio is supplemented by a complete line of full systems, slip-on mufflers and catalytic converters with extensive coverage to exceed the demands of today’s drivers and riders.
With unmatched style, sound and performance, MagnaFlow has become the exhaust system of choice for many champion racers and master builders such as Mario Andretti, Chip Foose, Richard Petty, Aaron Kaufman, Rutledge Wood, Bill Goldberg, Chris Forsberg, Joey Logano and Leah Pruett.
Quality, Power and Sound.
The Manager – Social Media is responsible for the management and development of activity on core social media channels with the aim of driving engagement, building audience, increasing web traffic, and driving website registrations / purchases. The position will work collaboratively with the marketing, e-commerce and development teams to meet shared objectives and provide insights and analysis to improve impact and effectiveness of social media campaigns. The position will drive the improvement of the company’s social media competencies and understanding across the wider business.
- Oversee day-to-day management of campaigns and ensure brand consistency.
- Facilitate scaling brand and company awareness through various social media channels.
- Collaborate and report to various internal teams to create and implement social media strategies monthly.
- Ensure brand consistency in copy through tone, voice and terminology.
- Supervise all aspects of social media interaction between customers and the company to ensure a positive customer service experience.
- Create actionable plans to both grow and maintain followers through popular social media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube and LinkedIn.
- Ensure progress on all platforms by using analytical tools such as Google Analytics and others.
- Oversee the creation and implementation of the monthly editorial calendar which includes monthly sales objectives and initiatives.
- Assist with creative development of highly shareable, internally-generated content by working closely with the production team and industry partners, offering data-driven recommendations by keyword, topic and headline.
- Minimum 5 years direct relevant digital/social media management with strategic and activation experience in the B2B or DTC segment.
- Participate in the automobile lifestyle of operating and working on vehicles, along with attending the events automotive communities create.
- Possess a valid class C driver’s license (a valid motorcycle license is a plus) and be willing to operate a motor vehicle both on and off-highway.
- Expertise in identifying, understanding, and applying trends when developing social media tactics.
- Curiosity and enthusiasm for learning the personality of the dynamic automotive audience, and an ability to adapt messaging to their language, attitudes, and beliefs.
- Relevant experience determining target audiences and how to create unique marketing campaigns that resonate with them.
- Excellent written communication and editing skills with a demonstrated ability to produce creative content. Experience working with a specific style guide a plus.
- Clear and confident presentation skills to lead discussions and drive action.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, journalism, public relations, or related field.
- Professional certification in Google Analytics strongly preferred.
- Proficient using multi-channel publishing programs such as Hootsuite.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office and Adobe Suites.
- General knowledge of Search Engine Optimization and internet ranking for web content.
- Strong understanding of marketing strategy and how to utilize marketing concepts throughout various forms of outreach.
- Extreme attention to detail and outstanding organizational abilities.
- Collaborative team player who can integrate with diverse cross-functional teams and simultaneously work toward a multitude of company initiatives at once.
- Must be able to sit and stand intermittently, use a keyboard, climb stairs occasionally.
- Lift up to 25 pounds with or without accommodations.
- Be legally able to operate a motor vehicle (operating a motorcycle is a plus).