Strategic Sourcing Manager
The ideal candidate will come from a high-volume / high-mix Engineering environment, and possess a good understanding of offshore and domestic sourcing to buyer specifications. The successful development and execution of a “Sourcing as a Business” strategy from the ground up is key.
This role oversees critical supplier relationship management and contract management processes. Strategic sourcing responsibilities include analyzing current vendor services and cost structures to develop short- and long-range plans to improve sourcing costs and vendor performance. The manager of strategic sourcing is a key decision maker in Supplier Source selection. He/she also looks for opportunities to consolidate vendors and partner with colleagues to set purchasing standards to improve negotiations and reduce the total cost of products.
This is a new role with the Company, and the successful candidate shall demonstrate capability and domain knowledge to set up systems and processes for success.
- Lead efforts for supplier analysis and selection processes, make/buy, outsourcing, and transitions. Act as project manager in various types of continuation/product support projects.
- Pricing management of assigned suppliers
- Plays a lead role in the negotiation. Includes many types of agreements with suppliers including purchasing agreements, development, supply, VMI, indemnification, etc.
- Monitors agreements and expectations. Partners closely with legal department in working contract language.
- Understands & follows market conditions and technology trend information regarding commodities and suppliers.
- Suggest and implement appropriate business strategy changes.
- Develop technology roadmaps and corresponding supplier roadmaps where needed.
- Provides technical support as the commodity expert from Global Supply Chain
- Drive development and improvement of supplier quality systems and processes.
- Utilizes internal and external engineering resources to drive continuous improvement activities
- Identify and appropriately leverages technology innovation from commodity supply base
- Utilizes analytics and defined metrics to identify and track supplier performance.
- Working with internal and external resources, responsible for driving commodity rationalization, simplification, localization.
- Focus on identification of synergies and identification, forming and leveraging strategic alliances
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years of strategic sourcing, supply chain, engineering and/or commodity management experience.
- 5 years of Overseas/China commodity management, strategic sourcing, engineering and/or supplier quality roles with a focus on mechanical components and/or parts
- Personal prior experience as owner of Supplier Selection and Vendor management process for complex mechanical products. Minimum 5 yrs. in Leadership (process ownership) role.
- Ability to travel overseas.
- Master’s Degree and/or Engineering Degree
- Experience in cross-functional commodity teams
- Experience with OE / Automotive sourcing
- Commodity Sourcing experience Overseas, Preferably China. Mandarin fluency would be preferred, but not required.
- CPIM Certification
- Excellent written communication skills
Travel: 25% in normal run rate (higher initially).
Job Status: Full Time