The Test Technician should have a working knowledge in testing, monitoring, assembling, improving and manipulating automotive exhaust systems to the purpose of developing, validating and certification. In addition has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures with exhaust manufacturing. The test technician will interact with technical staff and other engineering groups to help define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret tests for products, systems, components, or modifications automotive exhaust systems. This role requires a strong ability to quickly communicate problems and results for an assigned project, the ability to work efficiently, independently, and to be able to handle multiple projects concurrently.
The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct automotive testing (FTP, OSC and HP testing of exhaust systems)
- Perform routine Maintenance on test vehicles
- Maintain work log of testing and maintenance of test fleet.
- Maintain Job tools and area in accordance with 5S program.
- To drive test vehicles for mileage accumulation.
- Assist in the fabrication and prototyping of parts
- Assist in procurement and selling of test vehicles
- Manage tasks based on priority and to stay on schedule
- Assist in manufacturing or tech center if needed
- Associate’s degree in a Science/technology related field or Trade School Certificate or 2+ years’ experience.
- Basic Automotive skills
- Basic fabrication skills
- Experience with Microsoft works
- Ability to follow directions and work within standard operating procedures
- To Work independently and as a team member
- Excellent interpersonal and communication
- Analytical reasoning and problem solving and detail orientated
- Ability to stay focused on tasks, meet deadlines
- Basic MIG and TIG welding skills a plus but not required
Must be able to sit and stand intermittently, use a keyboard, climb stairs occasionally, and regularly lift up to 25 pounds with or without accommodations and occasionally lift or move up to 50 lbs.
Job Status: Full Time