Master Data Management Specialist
Are you looking for a career with an industry leader with growth, stability, and an engaging work environment? MagnaFlow offers career growth, competitive pay, and an outstanding benefit package with medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off, holidays, and a birthday holiday!
The Master Data Management Specialist supports the creation, implementation, and maintenance of master data management solutions that enable the organization to optimize system capabilities. This position will support the enterprise by monitoring, analyzing, and maintaining master data, key data, and master relationship data within the organization.
- Works cross-functionally to understand the needs of the business, areas for data integrity improvement and establishes processes to support effective data management.
- With subject matter experts, defines and implements data strategy, policies, controls, and programs to ensure enterprise data is accurate, complete, secure, and reliable.
- Ensures data integrity in all systems and maintains the processes to support quality of data.
- Identifies areas of improvement for data quality and assists in resolving data quality problems via error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process designs.
- Ensures quality of master data in key systems and, in collaboration with functional data owners, the development and documentation of processes to support data maintenance and integrity.
- Assists in resolving data quality problems and recommends business process changes to enhance data quality.
- Proposes improvements to organization data, both near-term and long-term, and works towards their implementation through effective leadership.
- Assists in data management, governance, and data quality of master data requirements with other functional data owners to ensure functional master data integrity across the operation of financial systems is consistent and meets stated business rules and requirements.
- Collaborates with other business units and IT to ensure master data rules and the operations are aligned and meet all requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in a business field or equivalent work experience required
- 3-5 years relevant work experience required (master data management, data modeling or related disciplines)
- Experience with Master Data Management required
- Proven understanding of Data Governance required
- Experience working in manufacturing businesses and understanding of associated concepts (routings, bill of materials) highly preferred
- Ability to initiate cross-functional projects and processes, make decisions about priorities, drive programs across product areas, influence across teams, and thrive in an ambiguous environment.
- Proven experience of 3 years working with/manipulating data required
- Solid understanding of and experience working in an MDM system required
- Demonstrated ability to complete goals with a high degree of autonomy
- High levels of attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Must be able to sit and stand intermittently, use a keyboard, climb stairs occasionally, and lift up to 25 pounds with or without accommodations.
These duties may be expanded, deleted or changed at any time per management’s discretion.