VP of Marketing and E-Commerce
[EVP] Marketing & Ecommerce Job Description
MagnaFlow (“MF”) is seeking an [Executive] Vice President of Marketing & Ecommerce to lead all marketing and ecommerce related activities for the MF brands, which currently include MagnaFlow, Bosal and Rumble. This position will report to the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) and be located in Oceanside, CA. This strategic leader will be responsible for maintaining all branding, crafting new messaging, and delivering fresh content in a cost effective and profitable method to drive sales. This person will manage the entire marketing team and lead marketing activities for both the direct to consumer (B2C) and wholesale (B2B) business channels. It is imperative this person works closely with the sales team, as well as understands both online and offline marketing channels and the cross-over of each.
- Effectively hire and manage the entire marketing team and all third-party partners. This includes the creative, graphics, channel management, events, social, and visual merchandising teams across both digital and offline marketing, including
- Craft the respective brand messaging and guidelines and ensure all creative aligns to these guidelines. Manage the creation of all brand content and messaging for internal and external purposes.
- Take leadership of all MF websites, including branding and ecommerce. Ensure the websites are the best representation of the brand and have the best user interface. Ensure the websites achieve the objectives for different consumer audiences, such as: consumer looking to purchase, consumer looking to browse and learn, installer looking for instructions, wholesale account searching for parts.
- Manage the graphics and creative team to generate all marketing content, inclusive of digital ads, print graphics, product imagery and video, social content, radio and TV content, and any other content needed for marketing purposes. Manage the team to create this content timely, within budget, and within the brand
- Oversee all marketing activities in the non-digital channels such as print, radio, TV, PR, etc. Determine the channels that MF will participate, budget levels, and creative. Manage all paid- media in these channels and ensure positive ROI from a brand and revenue
- Lead the direct-to-consumer and ecommerce channel for MF. This primarily includes the websites and all digital marketing. Work closely with the IT, operations, customer service, and finance teams to ensure flawless execution for ecommerce orders and This role will have revenue and advertising spend responsibility.
- Manage all digital marketing channels to drive brand awareness and revenue in both wholesale and ecommerce channels. Determine the channels, partners, and budgets for all digital channels: Paid Search, SEO, Email, Display, Retargeting, Affiliate, Social, Influencers, marketplaces, referrals, etc.
- Create and manage a comprehensive marketing calendar for all channels. Ensure the calendar has the appropriate approvals, is up to date, and is executed on by the marketing team. The calendar should help keep messaging in sync across channels and ensure the budget is allocated
- Responsible for crafting and managing the marketing budget that is approved by the executive team. Must be able to explain variances and adapt to changes and
- Metrics – The marketing team should be analytical and data Clear metrics should be defined for all activities and measurement to these metrics should be analyzed after execution. Reports and feedback should be reviewed and provided to the executive team.
- Manage all endorsements, sponsorships, influencers in conjunction with all other marketing activities and
- Social Media – Lead all social media activities including community management and paid Ensure there is frequent posting of content and positive feedback within the appropriate social channels.
- Responsible for collaboration with other departments to ensure the branding message is clearly communicated, represented internally, and relevant to daily
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- 12+ years of marketing experience, automotive aftermarket or manufacturing industry preferred
- Management and leadership experience required
- Experience leading marketing activities in both the B2C and B2B channels
- Been part of the early growth of an ecommerce business or startup
- Detailed understanding of end-to-end ecommerce processes, including website infrastructure, content and product management, and customer-facing functionality (UI/UX)
- Extensive experience with offline and digital marketing channels
- Experience with enterprise ecommerce platforms, preferably Shopify Plus
- Deep experience with the management of trade and promotional budgets and marketing calendars
- Proficient in SEO/SEM strategy, social media, paid media & PR initiatives
- The position requires a progressive and analytical thinker who is motivated by working collaboratively to drive toward aggressive growth goals
- Thrive in an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and customer service-oriented.
Job Status: Full Time